SNSD in Review (Part IV : Live Performances)

Sunday, December 18, 2011
Now I'm gonna review SNSD's live performance for this promotion. First up : The Boys


They actually sound good, and the dance is coordinated as well. I especially love Seohyun's voice here. Taeyeon always sound good, but Seohyun is gorgeous here. Sunny is a bit weak, and her voice tend to crack. But big surprise : Yoona sound halfway decent here. They all look gorgeous, but I hate that blond highlight on Tiffany, and the hat. Besides that, all the other costumes are fierce and I like it.


This is the remix version of The Boys that SNSD performed at Mnet Asian Music Awards. I love it. The girls break into a kick-ass dance halfway through and start singing in English. The costumes are gorgeous as well.

Overall, SNSD performed The Boys 18 times for the usual music shows and 8 for other music shows that I know of. Lately they all seems tired and lack the energy they give off in the beginning of the promotion though. SM, let the girls rest.




Next song is How Great Is Your Love. They performed it twice, first for the Comeback special on Music Core, and the Triple Crown special on M!Countdown.


Yoona and Yuri sounded awful here. Their voice cracked at the end. Taeyeon, Seohyun, and Tiffany sounded gorgeous as usual. I kinda dislike the costumes because it's so cutesy but whatever. I like the song, but I wish they performed Sunflower instead.

Lastly : Mr.Taxi. It's their next title song off from their repackaged album. They will be promoting it until the end of the year. I kinda get why they performed a song that's been performed over and over again since the Japanese promotion. The girls is clearly tired, so not letting them learn new choreography is the right thing to do. But why not let the girls rest instead of forcing them to perform when they're clearly tired?


This is from their comeback special performance on October 22nd. They look so energetic, and they sound good (except for Sunny. Her voice sounded... awful).




This is from their repackage album promotion on December 15th. It's clear that they're exhausted and better off resting than performing. And the song clearly didn't do that well either. It's ranked at number 22. SM, SNSD is not your personal money maker. They're people as well.

I love their stage costumes for all of The Boys performances, and I'm hoping that they can rest so that they can make a real repackaged album next year (after getting a lot of rest). I'm looking forward to their performance on KBS, SBS, and MBC Gayo Daejun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment