Lovers in Paris

Saturday, December 10, 2011


Waktu tayang : June 12 - August 15, 2004
Waktu menonton : High School
Hal paling berkesan : The beautiful Paris

I actually like this drama. This is a typical cinderella story but it is done so well that the drama become very enjoyable and fun throughout the whole run. Not to mention the use of Paris in the beginning and ending of the drama is beautiful.

Tae Young, the protagonist of this drama, is a writer and she lives in Paris. Through chance, she met two Korean man in Paris. One is Sang Hyuk, when her bicycle breaks down. Sang Hyuk is intrigued with her and they become best friend. The other is Gi Ju, a rich ... something (I forgot his occupation) when he accidentally wreck her friend's stall. Through a string of events which I forgot exactly what, he asked her to be his fake fiance. After that, the drama resumes when the three of them is back in Korea. Tae Young then find out that Gi Ju is actually Sang Hyuk's uncle. With both of them being in love with her, the conflict building is unavoidable.

This is actually a really cliche drama, Poor girl meets rich guy. Girl's friend who is in love with her. It's all been there, done that. But it managed to be enjoyable and fun, even though it's actually nothing special. I can't remember details of the plot, and I can't remember the ending. I thought that the ending was a typical happy ending, but looking around in some forum I found out that it's not. I honestly didn't even understand the ending that much so I assumed it's just your typical happy ending.

I don't have a lot to say because for me this drama is really nothing special. I watch this soon after I finished Sassy Girl Chun Hyang and the latter is superior in every way. It's more fun, more enjoyable, brighter, and overall greater than this. Lovers in Paris' rating actually touch 50%, and that's really a lot. The drama is very famous in Korea, but I just plain like it. I think this is a good rom-com drama, and it's enjoyable. But I've watch dramas that are better than this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment