SNSD In Review (Part I : Teaser Pictures)

Sunday, December 18, 2011
First up, I'd like to review their gorgeous teaser picture. SNSD, and other K-Pop idols in general, tend to use different concept for every album or mini album. SNSD have used mannequin, marine, cheerleaders, dark, spy, taxi driver concept, and some other I can't recall. From all of that, I love their photos from the Japanese album the most, because it's like a fairytale and the girls are gorgeous in it. This teaser is as gorgeous as that, but more fierce.


First up is Taeyeon. It's easily seen in here that the concept is some kind of Snow White. Taeyeon is holding an apple, with a Disney Princess-like dress. Taeyeon is one of my favorite SNSD member. I love the concept, but not liking the hair. The curly hair is not good for her.


Sunny is usually full of aegyo, so this is a welcome change for her. She's cute but fierce at the same time. I love the dress, and it can easily be seen that the concept is Little Red Riding Hood. I love this look on her.






Confession : Hyoyeon is one of my least favorite member, because she can't sing. Her voice is NOT good. She is gorgeous here though, but why the close-up picture? I'd like a full body photo so I can understand her concept. I don't get her concept in here.


Jessica is also one of my least favorite SNSD member, because I don't think she is that pretty and I kind of annoyed at her voice sometimes. It's too shrill and shrieky. I prefer her sister, f(x)'s Krystal. But even though I don't think she is THAT pretty, she's still pretty usually. This photo though, is not a representative of that. Hate her curly hair just like Taeyeon. And the dress is not flattering on her. Furthermore, I didn't understand the concept.


Sooyoung is the member that is most wasted, because her voice is very pretty. It's a shame that she had so few singing parts. I like her voice, but not a big fan of her skinny body. She is so very skinny that sometimes I'm afraid her arms would break into pieces. But she is GORGEOUS here. The dress is cute, the curly hair works. Maybe she's supposed to be a mermaid or something?


I love Tiffany's voice. Almost as much as my love for Taeyeon's voice. It's deep and soothing. I didn't really understand her concept here. Some kind of disco princess? How's that connected to Snow White and Red Riding Hood? Nevertheless, she looks great here. The dress and the tights looks great.


Seohyun is a rare thing. She's a very smart girl. Her idol is Ban Ki-Moon, the secretary-general of the UNN. She loves reading books. I have a soft spot for her ever since I watched her on We Got Married. I love her. She's the mature maknae. Her concept is I guess Ice Queen? It can easily be seen. She's gorgeous and the shot is gorgeous.


Yoona is the overrated member. Korea loves her. She's everywhere, starring on dramas, CF, advertisements. And she's also the member who had the fewest singing parts after Hyoyeon. Just like Siwon on Super Junior, she is the visual in SNSD. She's pretty and people loves her. The concept is a warrior princess or something? I personally think that she looks fierce in the photo, a welcome change.


Yuri is one of my favorite member, because she's not scary skinny. She's sexy, and that counts much in the Korean entertainment industry with an overabundance of scary skinny idol. I loved her on Invincible Youth, and I love her personality. Her voice is good but not great. The concept picture is Cinderella maybe? Because of the discarded shoes? I HATE her curly hair here. It's worse that Taeyeon and Jessica. She can be so much more gorgeous than this photo. But the dress is cute.


The last one is their group picture with wedding dresses. I love it. They look great. Every single one of them is gorgeous here, but I'm not a fan of the ugly curly hair on Taeyeon and Sooyoung's dress. The rest of them is gorgeous.

That's it for the teaser picture review. Next, I'll review the MV and title song, both the English and Korean one, with a little bonus :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment