A Kiss in Time

Saturday, December 10, 2011



A Kiss in Time

a novel by by Alex Flinn

Waktu edar : May 1st, 2009
Waktu membaca : June or July 2011
Hal paling berkesan : The alternating chapter. It's so cute.

Talia fell under a spell … . Jack broke the curse.

I was told to beware the accursed spindle, but it was so enchanting, so hypnotic

I was looking for a little adventure the day I ditched my tour group. But finding a comatose town, with a hot-looking chick asleep in it, was so not what I had in mind.

I awakened in the same place but in another time - to a stranger’s soft kiss.

I couldn’t help kissing her. Sometimes you just have to kiss someone. I didn’t know this would happen.

Now I am in dire trouble because my father, the king, says I have brought ruin upon our country. I have no choice but to run away with this commoner!

Now I’m stuck with a bratty princess and a trunk full of her jewels… . The good news: My parents will freak!

Think you have dating issues? Try locking lips with a snoozing stunner who turns out to be 316 years old. Can a kiss transcend all - even time?

REVIEW :

Perhaps some of you have watched the completely ordinary movie called Beastly starring the gorgeous Alex Pettyfer and Vanessa Hudgens in the past month. Perhaps a few of you knew beforehand that the movie was based on a book with the same name by Alex Flinn. Maybe some of you have read it. But let me tell you this : if you haven’t read the book and you judge Beastly only by watching the movie, DON’T. This book deserve more than that crap movie.

If you’re wondering why I’m discussing Beastly instead of A Kiss in Time, well it’s because they were both written by Alex Flinn and they were both a fairy tale reimagining. Whereas Beastly is the reimagining of Beauty and the Beast, A Kiss in Time is the reimagining of the Sleeping Beauty. And let me tell you this one fact : it’s adorable. Maybe it’s not a book that will get awards. It’s not a serious book. But it’s adorable to bits. And sometimes we need a little bit cuteness in our life.

The story starts with a guy named Jack who’s taking a vacation in a country in Europe. Feeling bored following the tour guides everywhere, he strays towards the forest. And there he finds something weird : a whole town straight from the medieval era that seems to be frozen in time. At first he thinks that this is some sort of new attraction for new tourist. But when he went inside a castle in the center of the village, he discovered a very beautiful girl lying in the bed, asleep. And he felt compelled to kiss her. But it turns out that single kiss not only woke the girl up, but the whole medieval town that’s been stuck in time. And things get even more complicated when Talia, the girl, decides to follow Jack everywhere, even to his home.

I like this book more than Beastly, even though at first I had some reservation to read it because of the summary. I thought that the character was unlikable, but boy was I ever wrong. They both have flaws and I love them for it. Jack is an arrogant boy. He’s selfish and never seem to think about others. Talia is a spoiled brat because she’s been raised that way. When they both fall for each other, and start to gradually change to protect each other, I love it. And I love that the chapter alternate between the point of view of Talia and Jack. This book is so very adorable.

Truth is, it’s not my favorite book out there. There are far more genius books and great books out there. But this is so very adorable and for that, I give it a special award. If you thought that Beastly could’ve been great but not, well, try to read this book. Because it’s just like Beastly, only better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment