Spring Waltz

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Waktu tayang : March 6 -May 16, 2006
Waktu menonton : High School
Hal paling berkesan : Beautiful Austria.

Hmm this is gonna be a very short review. This is the last of the "Season" drama, after Autumn In My Heart, Winter Sonata, and Summer Scent. And I guess me and the director's sense of story just don't click because I didn't enjoy any of the director's previous works. The only one I watch from start to finish is Winter Sonata, and that's just because it's kinda my first KDrama.

For Spring Walts, the only episode I watch were the first. Why is that? Because I just found out AFTER watching the first episode that this drama is actually one of the "Season" drama. Seeing as I'm not a fan of any of them, I decided to skip it.

The first episode is actually not that bad. It's gorgeous, it's set in Austria, and there's classic music. I can't remember the storyline. What I do remember is the two leads are actually childhood friend or something, and some circustances set them apart. They met again in Austria, but didn't recognize each other. And that's really the scope of my memory of this drama.

I feel kind of guilty actually for abandoning this drama after just one episode, but watching a drama is an at least 16 hours commitment, and why commit to something you sure won't like? It's no fault of the episode though. It's gorgeously shot, and Austria is beautiful. There's even the very handsome Daniel Henney from My Name is Kim Sam Soon in here. But all that glittery and sparkly promises just can't interest me because of one thing and one thing only : this won't be a romantic comedy. This will be a melodrama romance.

So I'm sorry for abandoning this drama. But for anyone who can stand melodrama, I predict that this melodrama is gonna be a decent one. Sadly, it's just not for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment