Shining Days

Saturday, December 10, 2011



Waktu tayang : February 11 - April 1, 2004
Waktu menonton : Junior High
Hal paling berkesan : The WTF ending. Bukan memorable tapi WTF. I even forget the storyline.

I hate this drama with a passion. And yet, I can't recall the story. I just can't. I hate it, but it's not memorable to me. Because I can't recall even one bit of the plot, let me tell you what I do remember. It's a melodrama. Melodrama generally involve a lot of soap opera-like conflict and I HATE those. I only watch it because it's airing on Indosiar at the time and I don't have anything to do. And there's Song Hye Kyo in it. This drama is aired after Full House became so popular after it is aired on Indosiar, and I loved Full House then. And I love Song Hye Kyo. She is really really beautiful.
But for the life of me, I just hate hate this drama.

I recall that I did watch most of the episodes but I missed a few. It's confusing then that I can't recall the plot even one bit. But I remember the one thing that I hated the most : the ending.

This drama involve love triangles, as usual. I remember that Song Hye Kyo's character had a childhood friend, and for the sake of this review I look it up and it is played by Ryu Seung Bum. He is not good looking and the character is uninteresting. This is the typical very nice childhood friend who loves the main character but in the end the main character never end up with them. The trope 'Girls love Bad Boy' had never been more used than in KDrama. And then there's the bad boy himself, played by Jo Hyun Jae. From the synopsis that I read, he is some kind of runaway and he stayed at the girl's house due to some accident. I remember that I love this character. The bad boy character really really got through and I'm really rooting for this couple.

And then the ending come where Song Hye Kyo, who loves Jo Hyun Jae, didn't actually choose him in the end. She ended up with the nice guy because she felt sorry for him. I mean, WTF? I know that maybe some people consider this a step from the norm because the girl didn't end up with the bad boy in the end, but I actually like this trope. And the nice guy is so bland, totally uninteresting, and not that good looking either. I hate the ending.

I forgot the rest of the drama but I remember the ending because I HATE it with a passion. Maybe it's just me, but the ending totally ruined it for me. Hate this drama, and Song Hye Kyo is not that pretty in it either. Hate her hairstyle in the drama. Overall, my subjective speaking told me I hate this drama. But for everyone else, this is a bland and totally missable melodrama. There's a lot better drama out there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment